AI Placebo Research Gets Media Coverage
Our research about AI placebos obtains media coverage. In our research, we show that the narrative of an AI-based assistive or augmentation system leads users to misjudge their performance and risk-behavior. More details can be found in the media and research articles.
- High Expectations of AI May Lead to Risky Decisions, Study Reveals: https://www.techtimes.com/articles/291672/20230518/high-expectations-ai-lead-risky-decisions-study-reveals.htm
- Blind trust in enhancement technologies encourages risk-taking even if the tech is a sham: https://www.aalto.fi/en/news/blind-trust-in-enhancement-technologies-encourages-risk-taking-even-if-the-tech-is-a-sham
- AI Placebos Undermine the Validity of Human-AI Studies: https://thomaskosch.com/index.php/2023/05/20/ai-placebos-undermine-the-validity-of-human-ai-studies
- The Placebo Effect of Artificial Intelligence in Human–Computer Interaction: https://dl.acm.org/doi/full/10.1145/3529225
- The placebo effect of human augmentation: Anticipating cognitive augmentation increases risk-taking behavior: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0747563223001383